it was easy to give up,
especially between 15-18kms,
but my brother, Karthik Natarajan ensured I did it,
one Mr Augustine, who was a pacer, he warmed us every time with a sincere smile,
the Pandian Thatha, who listened to devotional songs sung by TMS and cheered us,
the words of a kid who asked how much more distance she could run to her mom,
the specially challenged runners,
the professional athletes, the slow crawlers similar to me,
the volunteers who served water, glucon, lemon, fruits,
the security, NSS, police personal who asked us to push and give our best,
the tall, short, fat, thin, dark, fair, all human beings who ran this, just to challenge themselves and their ability,
the aptly placed bill boards having words of wisdom,
the beautiful Coimbatore climate,
most importantly, the amazing parents for always being encouraging and supportive.
Meera Sundar and Prasanna Kumar for getting me into running!
Thanks, all of you. 🙂
Coimbatore Marathon 2015 will stay close to my heart.
2011 was pretty quick. 365 days went by in a jiffy. Let me recollect what 2011 meant to me.
Some good memories –
- Was Awarded B Grade for Carnatic Classical Vocal Music from All India Radio
- Parents turned 50 this year
- Had a brilliant Summer Internship Experience with Hanmer MSL, Chennai
- Headed the Student Academic Forum (aka SAF), Council 2011-2012 at Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune
- Parents 25th Wedding Anniversary also happened this year
- Bagged a Music Scholarship for a period of 2 years from Ministry of Culture, Government of India
- I am placed with ‘A’ company. Awaits my offer letter. (Will update soon about the company, profile, etc. as when it becomes official)
- My friends have been my biggest strength this year. Truly realized who my real friends are and I thank each and everyone who have done a lot for me without even asking and expecting. Love you guys!
Some not-so-good ones –
- Passing away of my guru Sri Chingleput Ranganathan
- Some of my friends family losses deeply moved me and made me realize how life is never what you expect it to be. They really made me strong. Looking at their will power, I learnt not to crib about puerile things
- Everyone in the family has been going through rough times with respect to health and a few more losses.
Overall, 2011 has been a very challenging one for me personally. It has moulded me to a better person, I hope. This year has really taught me a lot with respect to life, respecting relationships, people, emotions, valuing time, and one’s health.
On this note, I look forward to an eventful and a better 2012. Have certain goals and vision for this year. Hope, I would accomplish the same with my best efforts.
Here’s wishing the entire human kind a very happy and prosperous new year 2012. Cherish every moment of your life, live it to the fullest, and never regret any of your decisions.
Regards and Love,
DECEMBER 2010: Last month of this year. A month of conflict, confusion, contradiction, complications and not so good a month (personally). In 4 more days, on December 22nd 2010, I am completing 21 years. Nothing to rejoice about it. Friends usually advice me not to look at my past life. But today, I decided to take a look at my 21 years of life. What have I done in life? Well. Answer is Nothing! I had been the typical girl in many senses. Been a kid, a teen, and now, trying to be a matured woman.
From being an extremely innocent girl, I became this talkative one when I was in teens. Everything has changed for me since I was 17 or 18 years old. Ever since, I have met many people in my life. Both good and bad. Good ones are still my friends, well wishers and the bad ones were gotten rid of. I have dealt with many experiences in life and learnt greater lessons the hardest way!
Now, I wanna change. “Change for good”. And wish to do better things.
Few things I would like to start doing in the coming few months –
- Initiate myself to write a book
- Sign up for a foreign language – Say, Spanish/German
- Make 2 or 3 short films – Serious films
- Create a new design portfolio consisting – Logos, Posters, Brochures, Office Stationary, Greeting cards, Bookmarks, Magazine covers, Cartoons, Webpage templates, etc.
- Learn atleast 30 new kritis/songs 🙂
- Start gym-ing
- Read 40 new books – novels, short stories, management books, biographies, etc.
- Click for photography portfolio – Portrait, Nature/Landscape, Night, B/W, Street, Fashion, Food, Product, Feature stories, etc.
- Volunteer working for many NGOs
- Design PR/Marketing campaign for famous brands
- Watch one movie everyday or every-night
And the list is definitely an endless one. I hope to kick-start with few things right away so that I am done by most of them by the end of March/April 2011.
Three act structure of my life at SIMC is an interesting one. Act I of this story seemed to have ended quickly as it is supposed to. Act I broadly covered what SIMC is all about, how I decided to join this place, how my surrounding has been by far, and by describing all of that, I turn back to those previous posts just to realize that Act I has been very gripping and quick enough to come to an end now.
Act I saw Semester I coming to an end. It introduced me to new people, new surrounding, new place, new culture, new curriculum, and was definitely worth learning.
The end of Act I is my Social Responsibilty Project in The Banyan, Chennai. Act II will kick start with my experience at The Banyan and the beginning of Semester II back at Lavale.
2years, 2months, 2 weeks, 2 days
We all crib at the beginning, but hate to leave this place at the end. Yes, its Hostel. This experience is new to me. An experience to reminisce about in the future. You become a different personality altogether. You learn more managerial skills here. You understand psychology here. You learn various languages here. You become a philosopher at times. The best of directors are born here. Writers, bloggers, poets, artists, musicians, innovators, inventors, leaders and all those endless novelty takes its beginning or refining process here.
I am sure anybody who have had hostel life experiences can relate to me. I recollect my journey into hostel life and the 4 months I have stayed here now. My parents came along with almost 12 baggages to leave me behind this beautiful life. Today, I miss my parents a lot. Nevertheless, I would miss hostel more.
Before coming to hostel, people told –
- “Oh! You are going to hostel? Hmmm… Then, you may find it difficult to adjust since its your 1st time..”
- “Hostel life? Hah! How much I miss those days.. Don’t worry, you will have fun.. You would make the best out of it you know?”
- “Its yet another thing in your life.. Nothing so special… Just go there! Study well and come back..”
- “Is it coed or…”
After coming to hostel, I say –
- If you don’t go to a residential campus / have a hostel experience in your life even once, then you are missing the best thing in your life. Especially when you come to a place like Lavale, you would just want to be here.
- Just go for it. Don’t think for some 10 years to decide on going/coming to hostel.
- As mentioned earlier, one learns a lot of things in hostel. Observation, listening, communication, planning, managing time, managing self, crisis management, handling conflicts, and many alike are skills you develop here without even realizing.
2years, 2months, 2 weeks, 2 days
Another month has passed by.. More work, more class tests, more assignments, more fun activities, more presentations, more friends, more people, more things to relate with, more of everything, and yes.. abundance of knowledge is what I am filled with. August has been a month of great learning.
SIMClairvoyance ’10 was a great insight of learning and understanding facets of media which came in small packages from August 9th to August 13th 2010 🙂 I enjoyed being part of this initiative..
Also, had a project sign up with Spit free India, where I shall be handling Online Media and Branding & Blogging for their Pan India initiative. Looking forward to practical learning from this project..
I met dad here in Pune on August 21st after 3 long months.. It was great spending time with him discussing about college, about the campus, about my hostel life, about unlearning mutiny things and relearning them with what required.. and taking his experience as a lesson has always helped me.. To me, my dad is my inspiration with respect to values, principles, work, punctuality, discipline, love.. I think of you dad when I think of giving up.. I imagine how you would have handled.. I gain the confidence that I can do it when I think of you..
And, finally.. I accept that #331 in Girls hostel is home away from home.. Lavale campus makes my day.. Its like missing home when you are away.. I missed hostel and room when I had gone to see dad… I really missed the campus a lot.. I love my campus.. I love my course.. I believe I can make the best of this place though I tend to crib about it at times 😉 But isn’t that always a part and parcel of college life?
To conclude, this month has been a month of reinventing newer things in me.. August 2010 – Like it, Love it!
P.S: This august, managed to capture the cyberspace with another blog named Written Emotions..
2years, 2months, 2 weeks, 2 days