it was easy to give up,
especially between 15-18kms,
but my brother, Karthik Natarajan ensured I did it,
one Mr Augustine, who was a pacer, he warmed us every time with a sincere smile,
the Pandian Thatha, who listened to devotional songs sung by TMS and cheered us,
the words of a kid who asked how much more distance she could run to her mom,
the specially challenged runners,
the professional athletes, the slow crawlers similar to me,
the volunteers who served water, glucon, lemon, fruits,
the security, NSS, police personal who asked us to push and give our best,
the tall, short, fat, thin, dark, fair, all human beings who ran this, just to challenge themselves and their ability,
the aptly placed bill boards having words of wisdom,
the beautiful Coimbatore climate,
most importantly, the amazing parents for always being encouraging and supportive.
Meera Sundar and Prasanna Kumar for getting me into running!
Thanks, all of you. 🙂
Coimbatore Marathon 2015 will stay close to my heart.
2011 was pretty quick. 365 days went by in a jiffy. Let me recollect what 2011 meant to me.
Some good memories –
- Was Awarded B Grade for Carnatic Classical Vocal Music from All India Radio
- Parents turned 50 this year
- Had a brilliant Summer Internship Experience with Hanmer MSL, Chennai
- Headed the Student Academic Forum (aka SAF), Council 2011-2012 at Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune
- Parents 25th Wedding Anniversary also happened this year
- Bagged a Music Scholarship for a period of 2 years from Ministry of Culture, Government of India
- I am placed with ‘A’ company. Awaits my offer letter. (Will update soon about the company, profile, etc. as when it becomes official)
- My friends have been my biggest strength this year. Truly realized who my real friends are and I thank each and everyone who have done a lot for me without even asking and expecting. Love you guys!
Some not-so-good ones –
- Passing away of my guru Sri Chingleput Ranganathan
- Some of my friends family losses deeply moved me and made me realize how life is never what you expect it to be. They really made me strong. Looking at their will power, I learnt not to crib about puerile things
- Everyone in the family has been going through rough times with respect to health and a few more losses.
Overall, 2011 has been a very challenging one for me personally. It has moulded me to a better person, I hope. This year has really taught me a lot with respect to life, respecting relationships, people, emotions, valuing time, and one’s health.
On this note, I look forward to an eventful and a better 2012. Have certain goals and vision for this year. Hope, I would accomplish the same with my best efforts.
Here’s wishing the entire human kind a very happy and prosperous new year 2012. Cherish every moment of your life, live it to the fullest, and never regret any of your decisions.
Regards and Love,