2011 was pretty quick. 365 days went by in a jiffy. Let me recollect what 2011 meant to me.
Some good memories –
- Was Awarded B Grade for Carnatic Classical Vocal Music from All India Radio
- Parents turned 50 this year
- Had a brilliant Summer Internship Experience with Hanmer MSL, Chennai
- Headed the Student Academic Forum (aka SAF), Council 2011-2012 at Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune
- Parents 25th Wedding Anniversary also happened this year
- Bagged a Music Scholarship for a period of 2 years from Ministry of Culture, Government of India
- I am placed with ‘A’ company. Awaits my offer letter. (Will update soon about the company, profile, etc. as when it becomes official)
- My friends have been my biggest strength this year. Truly realized who my real friends are and I thank each and everyone who have done a lot for me without even asking and expecting. Love you guys!
Some not-so-good ones –
- Passing away of my guru Sri Chingleput Ranganathan
- Some of my friends family losses deeply moved me and made me realize how life is never what you expect it to be. They really made me strong. Looking at their will power, I learnt not to crib about puerile things
- Everyone in the family has been going through rough times with respect to health and a few more losses.
Overall, 2011 has been a very challenging one for me personally. It has moulded me to a better person, I hope. This year has really taught me a lot with respect to life, respecting relationships, people, emotions, valuing time, and one’s health.
On this note, I look forward to an eventful and a better 2012. Have certain goals and vision for this year. Hope, I would accomplish the same with my best efforts.
Here’s wishing the entire human kind a very happy and prosperous new year 2012. Cherish every moment of your life, live it to the fullest, and never regret any of your decisions.
Regards and Love,
- I used to be this girl who would speak with a lot of people and be friends with a lot many more. I would bug them to death with all my love and affection.
- I would apologize to people like a kid even though mistakes were not on my side.
- I would trust anybody and everybody.
- I speak to people. But I don’t let them invade my personal space. Started believing that my best friends no matter what stick to me for what I am.
- I don’t take shit from people.
- I stay detached from the negative causal.
It feels so good when we are friends.
August 1st 2010 – Sunday – Pune
I am here in pune missing some of my best friends.. though cherishing the day here with few new found friends.. Who are friends really in my life? Well, I have had a range of friends from those being extremely sweet, smart, intelligent, cunning, to those who are really dumb, irritating and so on.. I would like to recollect memories of my friends since childhood to now who made a difference to me and my life.. This is more like a dedication post..
Firstly, who are friends? Pillar of strength.. Share your sorrow the same way happiness is dealt with.. Give you a huge shout when you achieve something.. personality enhancer.. best critics.. help you regardlessly what may come.. cheer you up when you are in deep grave.. and few of them have also been my role models too.. These are few attributes I can relate to when someone asks about friends..
Pooja and Shruti -These are my 1st bunch of best friends with whom I shared my primary school days.. Till date, I am trying to figure out where these people are? These two used to be my bench mates and I distinctly remember sitting in the middle and we used to be 1st benchers! We would be very competitive in studies, various cultural activities, competitions, and it was either of us who would top the class.. To you guys, I really miss you! Hope to get in touch with you both in the future..
Ambika, Abinaya, Harini, Mahalakshmi, Jeyenti, R V Prashanth, Rohan, Devi Ilamathy, Vijay Rengan, Gayathree, Imran, Janani Viswanathan, Shankar Ram, Sanjay Kishore, Sourav, Silambarasan, Sunderrajan, Mahendran, Renuka, Prem, Chelladurai, Jayashree, Ramkrishnan, and to all those buddies with whom I spent my middle school.. You guys were real fun I must say… Each of you in the class marked your presence.. few of them were also my friends in high school.. You guys have teased me much, but at the same made me stronger.. Here’s my best wishes to all of you.. 🙂 Do keep in touch..
Vikas, Divya, Naithrav – 3 Idiots in my life.. My best friends till date.. They have been my everything since 2005.. I love you guys a lot! I know how much ever stupid I get in my life, you guys will be there for me always.. Miss you idiots.. Come to pune soon.. (Naith: I will definitely meet all of you when I get back to chennai this year 😛 )
Chakri and Madhavan – Well, what do I tell about you both? I would not spend much time with you people but we always connect and continue where we left!
Madhu, Priyanka, Sunil, Aadhi, Paddu – This is yet another gango of crazy people.. all of us musically inclined.. They have always believed in my singing and my talent more than anybody.. Completely cool buddies!
Divya Kumar, Divya Menon, Puja Prakash, Parvathy, Sruthi Sriram, Preeti, Tara Rachel Thomas, Vaishali Menon, Sriranjani, Ranjani, Kamatchi, Reshma and myself – We were the wholesome bunch of famous THIRTEEN in college.. I don’t know if i have expressed much about what you guys mean to me.. But here it goes from my heart.. I love you gals a lot! like a real lot.. no one can ever have such a mix of people yet gel together pretty well.. Each of you have made a huge impact in my life.. I have learnt from you gals how to speak where, what, how, when, in which way and all tat.. I have definitely become a better person.. I wish to meet all of you together sooner in life.. As puja calls it, “dude! someone get married? Lets catch up!”
Swathi A, my twin soul.. I love you de.. You have accepted me for what I am and you are the best 🙂 Muah!
John Sir and his family, Dawood, Karthik, Renita, Varadan, and everybody from Cheese Flicks and Skykap Production house, I owe you people a lot.. a real lot.. I don’t know how I shall do that.. A shout out thanks to all that help you have done for me…. I wish to be in that family umbrella always.. THANKS!
Presently, in Pune, I have many friends here.. I don’t want to distinguish anybody here! All of them have been good to me.. Have had my share of bad experiences too but all for good.. I just want to tell you people that I learn something or the other everyday from everyone here.. You guys inspire me.. Love you all.. People worth mention include – Preetha, Sonal (I mentioned your name too.. be happy), Snigdha, Pooja Udaikumar, Shreyashi, Ramya, Kalpana, Sabaa, Sneha, Ankur, Divya, Renesha, Hyder, Vaibhav, Rahul, Prateek, Rashida, Shradda, Sreeparna, Debo, and the entire batch of SIMC..
Not to forget my best roomie Alokita Biswas, who has solely accepted me for what I am and been there for me here what may come..
Apart from all the above mentioned, there are many more friends in my life.. I may not be very close with them.. but still.. to all of you out there, a very happy friendship day!
Finally, my parents – they are my best friends for my entire life.. they have given me everything beyond my expectations.. Love you appa.. love you amma.. 🙂