2011 was pretty quick. 365 days went by in a jiffy. Let me recollect what 2011 meant to me.
Some good memories –
- Was Awarded B Grade for Carnatic Classical Vocal Music from All India Radio
- Parents turned 50 this year
- Had a brilliant Summer Internship Experience with Hanmer MSL, Chennai
- Headed the Student Academic Forum (aka SAF), Council 2011-2012 at Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune
- Parents 25th Wedding Anniversary also happened this year
- Bagged a Music Scholarship for a period of 2 years from Ministry of Culture, Government of India
- I am placed with ‘A’ company. Awaits my offer letter. (Will update soon about the company, profile, etc. as when it becomes official)
- My friends have been my biggest strength this year. Truly realized who my real friends are and I thank each and everyone who have done a lot for me without even asking and expecting. Love you guys!
Some not-so-good ones –
- Passing away of my guru Sri Chingleput Ranganathan
- Some of my friends family losses deeply moved me and made me realize how life is never what you expect it to be. They really made me strong. Looking at their will power, I learnt not to crib about puerile things
- Everyone in the family has been going through rough times with respect to health and a few more losses.
Overall, 2011 has been a very challenging one for me personally. It has moulded me to a better person, I hope. This year has really taught me a lot with respect to life, respecting relationships, people, emotions, valuing time, and one’s health.
On this note, I look forward to an eventful and a better 2012. Have certain goals and vision for this year. Hope, I would accomplish the same with my best efforts.
Here’s wishing the entire human kind a very happy and prosperous new year 2012. Cherish every moment of your life, live it to the fullest, and never regret any of your decisions.
Regards and Love,
I was held up with a lot of things and my blogging had literally gone for a toss in the past 6 months. Nevertheless, to keep it short and sweet, I year of MBA had come to a closure by first week of April 2011.
Prior to all of that, there were a lot of interesting things that happened at campus. I used to work for Online Branding and Marketing Cell in academic year 2010-11. And this was very close to me since I enjoyed branding all college initiatives using digital platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc.
One such flagship event was Fest O Comm which aims at converging all colleges in our 3 days cultural fest. (Happened on February 4th, 5th, 6th 2011). My contribution to this particular event included documentation work and following up with various departments and holding meetings prior to the fest. During the fest, I had to brand all the events on various digital platforms and I am overwhelmed even now that I was part of this event and I could learn a lot. My colleague, also a very good friend of mine, Rashida Kachwala, and our entire OBMC team worked a lot towards this. It definitely was a great achievement for our team. (Will miss this team – lot of passion for digital marketing came from this cell)
Then, came the Student Council selection process (Mid February 2011-March 2011). I had personal commitment at home during this period (between February and May) and thought I must keep away from Council initiatives. However, my batch-mates and some of my seniors (specially Ashwini Dayal, Subadra, Mansi) urged me to take up ‘Student Academic Forum’. And our Director, Prof Chandan Chatterjee with a lot of faculty recommendations was also instrumental in getting me into this cell. After a lot of thinking, rethinking, and much more thoughts into this, I decided to take it up then.
I still remember how adamant I was about not to take any council posts then. But now, I guess, its a wise decision that I took. Things are better at my personal sphere too. And there are definitely no regrets. And yeah, I am heading this cell for the current academic year 2011-12 for my batch as well as the incoming batch 2013.
I had my internship work between Mid April and Mid June with Hanmer MS&L and thus the past 6 months have been a roller coaster ride with absolutely no time to breathe.
I look forward to the coming year which begins in a week from now (June 20th 2011). Officially, I am already in SIMC mode and this time with a vision that I can constructively contribute to my college with whatever I can.
As of now, my personal ambition is to see SIMC Pune as one of the sought after colleges for Media Education in India and raise the standards of Academia in SIMC, Pune by constantly addressing to both faculty and students about what is expected from both ends.
P.S: Internship Experience and rest coming up soon.
2years, 2months, 2 weeks, 2 days